Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Veron: It's Not Time Yet

I woke up at the time like how I get ready for work. Still no signs yet, the toilet and my pad says. After my shower, I woke Hubby up to accompany me to the hospital for my scheduled appointment. During the journey, I requested for Hubby to pick me up from the lobby on the way home (if I am not being 'detained') instead of walking to the parking lot.

We reached there 30 minutes earlier than usual. After a slow walk, I reached the counter and handed my appointment book to one of the nurses. She has a particularly smiley face today rather than the normal no facial expression look. There were only 1 patient there, I guessed I do not have to wait too long. Normal procedures followed. They weighed me (63.8kg) and took my BP. After that, CTG scan.

Not long after that I was called to the ultrasound room. There, Dr. Baskaran was waiting and greeted us with a smile. His first words were,"How's baby doing?" "Very active, doctor..", I replied. Started off with the baby measurements and AF scans, everything finished within about 10 minutes. I was hoping he would say something that I wanted to hear but instead he said, "I will see you in another week. If nothing happens within this week, you will have to prepare for admission." "Another week?", I puzzled. He did not even mentioned anything about VE and I did not mentioned about that as I do not want to question his professionalism. In my heart, "May be baby is not ready to face the world yet..." I was feeling a bit disappointed but at the same time glad as baby is doing fine.

Hmm.. What is the big deal then. I am not the only mummy who experienced overdue pregnancy. Even my mother-in-law was overdued for 9 days during her fourth pregnancy. I do not think I will beat her at that this time... :)

No comments: