Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Veron: Maths & Science Issue

Currently we are caught in a heated discussion on the teaching of Maths & Science should be in what language. In my opinion, these 2 subjects should be taught in English. (Yes, I casted my vote in Tun's blog) I watched Astro TVIQ (an educational channel on the cable network) that day and they were talking about triangles. I did not know that segitiga sama kaki is known as isosceles triangle in English.




Isosceles Triangle



Imagine your kids do not have all these basics when they are doing their tertiary education. I remember when I was in college, I had a coursemate who attended Chinese Independent school. She learnt all the college syllabus math in her secondary days already. Therefore, when the math subjects was taught, it was like a revision for her. Question from a concerned rakyat, is the world coming to an end that we have to go backwards now?

No comments: