Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Veron: Milk Arrival

Colustrum came faster this time, 2 days after delivery. It is also thanks to my mother-in-law for her effort in preparing food to increase my milk supply. Milk came two days later and this time I can manage the pain better. Cabbage leaves do work surprisingly. Leia is also latching well compared to Anne last time. Anne also helped in contributing my milk supply. She only suckles at night just to go asleep. I have not seen how much I have collected so far (the fridge is in the kitchen downstairs and I have not gone down since the day I came back from the hospital...) but according to my mother-in-law, she has to transfer my supplies to the mini deep freezer as the fridge freezer is almost full. I was previously using chicken essence bottles to store my supplies. Now that it is almost used up, I have to buy more storage bottle from the online store (it was so convenient and furthermore, I am still under confinement.). So far so good. At several times, I managed to pump 6oz at 1 time for that day.

Hopefully, this continues and keeping my fingers crossed as not to have major problems later...

No comments: