Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Caryn: Birthday Party

I was invited to Caryn's birthday party (pronounciation of 'party': think Jack Black's character singing to Ramses in 'Nacho Libre') yesterday. Yeah, it's been a long time since I have attended birthday parties among our friends. I think since college..? Hubby & me arrived at her house about 7pm.. Most of Caryn's relatives were there. Didn't see any our friends there yet. Yes, appointment at 7pm but people will only start their journey out of the house at 7pm. I haven't been to Caryn's house like since college days.. (even though we meet up often now and then..). It was a barbeque party. Friends started to arrived at about 8pm. We started our meal half and hour later. All of us lepak at the porch while Caryn's family members all seated in the house. There were quite a variety of food such as chicken wings, sausages, fried noodles, cuttlefish, sandwiches, boiled potatoes and even home-made popcorn! I guess we enjoyed ourselves yesterday night...as usual cathing up among friends. I saw 2 familiar faces at the party, the 2 kids where Caryn's mom used to babysit. I realised how much they have grown. The last time I have seen them was when they were babies...Yeah, Caryn said, "Look at you...you even have a kid now.." It was fun. I wish I could stay longer. Unfortunately, my milk tank is full. We left at about 11pm. Break's over. Back to parenthood.

No comments: