Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ivan & Kelly: Walking Down The Aisle

I just attended my friend's wedding lunch just now. It was held in Noble Banquet, Jalan Bukit Bintang. They had a Volkswagen Touareg for the big occasion. As usual, restaurants along this road don't have many parking spaces. We parked at the back of the restaurant (some sort like lorong belakang..), and they charged us RM5 for that! This is the first time I attended a Chinese wedding lunch. Not much difference though, guests still arrived late..people still dressed in their formal wear, barebacks and stilettos (for women). Nice ambience..good lighting and music (think Diana Krall or Michael Bubblé). The food is one of the tastiest among all the Chinese wedding dinners that I have been to. The shark's fin soup is not usual slimy & starchy type. It is a broth with chicken, bamboo's pith and 'kei chi'. Typical Chinese wedding will have their toasting session, we called..Yum Seng session. Until this stage, I thought this lunch actually stands out among all the dinners that I have attended before...until THIS (please refer to the video featured below) came along. Immediately, jatuh ranking. I hope Hubby better arrange something like a jazz live band for his brother's wedding coming next January...



Ah Pek Karaoke-ing...