Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Veron: Since The Days Of Alexander Graham Bell

I had my first handphone when I was a freshman in college. It was a NEC Primera (yea, the generation after 'Tai-Ko-Tai') owned previously by my dad. It was a very heavy hand held device with an antenna. (I didn't manage to find the picture over the Net...)Well, the phone serves as a GPS of me to my parents. Guess what, I can't make outgoing calls with this phone. Yes, despite having a handphone, I still need to search & painstakingly queue up to use the public phone. Whats annoying about this phone:

  • Its ringtone can be as loud that you can even hear it from 2 blocks away
  • The functionality is based on a combination of numbers (Is either you have to bring along the user manual to use it or you memorised the options in your head as it is not GUI)
  • The antenna always came off, so each time there's an in-coming call, I must make sure it is attached, else I can't hear clearly
  • It is can cause fatality if I throw and kena people's head

Into the 3rd year of college, my dad bought me an Alcatel. Mine one is pink in color. Not many people know about this series as it Alcatel will venture into a different product functions after this. It looks like a walkie-talkie though. The phone lasted me until the battery is unable to be used.

After I graduated, I worked as a part time sales assistant in FOS. That is where I got another phone. I can't remember what is the name of the model (it's a Motorola)but it is a candybar and the keypad looks like a butterfly shape. It was my first color display phone with polyphonic ringtone feature. I think this phone can actually lasted me for quite long until....


Alcatel One Touch Gum

...until I bought another Motorola. It was a C975. Yes, indeed my first 3G phone. It was quite expensive to own a 3G handphone at that time but I bought it for a fraction of a price. I bought it in UK for about RM400. I actually bought 2 of this. One I gave it to my dad as a gift. To my dissapointment, his one got stolen at his workplace. >.< 3G technology & phone is still very much expensive, so at that time, I syok sendiri aje lor.. The phone lasted me until the software becomes unstable and the battery started to take its toll. This is where I got the right alasan to get another phone...


Motorola C975

Its a Hewlett Packard IPAQ (the first generation). It uses Windows platform for its software, so its like using your computer in your palm lor. At first I was not used to this kinda system (I remember using bro's O2 candybar, I was totally lost!), but eventually I found it very useful and quite easy to navigate. This phone didn't last me for 1 year as Huby gave me his PDA to use.


HP IPAQ

Its a O2 Atom Exec PDA phone. Yes, it was a feeling of stylishness and sophistication when using this gadget. I try to explore the all aspects and features of this phone so that I can help my customers in solving their problems (I am a frontline executive in a prominent sales & service office automation company). This phone ALSO didn't lasted me to 1 year and I was presented this phone by Huby (I don't know what's the ocassion, giving birth to Anne perhaps?)


O2 Atom Exec


Before I tell you guys the phone that I am using now, as you can see from my previous phones...they are actually 'lang mun' (in Cantonese)phones. Phones that normal people will not buy. I even drive a 'lang mun' car (That was what the car salesperson told me... =.=)

My current phone is surprising a Nokia... o.O A brand which I hated and very anti. I don't know what went wrong and I can't believe myself I am using this now (Even Huby [and his collegues] also can't believe himself as he is also using Nokia now - yes, both of us used to be anti-Nokia). Back to owning a 3G phone again, this time the technology is much more affordable but I still do not have time to upgrade my SIM card to be able to use 3G. I really enjoy using this phone as it can store a lot of songs and have quick access to it.(like its name, 'ExpressMusic'). So, for you people out there, forget about getting me a MP3 player.. =.=

Nokia 5320

2 comments:

Mephidross said...

primero ex..ringtone macam loceng sekolah!!

Veron said...

memang...berat macam batu-bata...